First Pacific (HKEX: 142, ADRs: FPAFY) is a Hong Kong-based investment management and holding company with operations located in Asia-Pacific. Our principal businesses relate to consumer food products, telecommunications, infrastructure and natural resources.
Our mission is to unlock value in our operating companies by:
Our investment criteria are clear:
- Delivering dividend/distribution returns to shareholders
- Delivering share price/value appreciation of First Pacific and its operating companies
- Making further investments in value-enhancing businesses, taking into consideration all relevant criteria, including Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) factors to better manage risk and generate sustainable long-term returns
Our strategies are threefold:
- Investments must be located in or trading with the fast-growing economies of emerging Asia
- They must be related to our four industry sectors (consumer food products, telecommunications, infrastructure and natural resources)
- Companies invested in must have a strong or dominant market position in their respective sectors
- They must possess the potential for substantial cash flows
- First Pacific must obtain management control or significant influence to ensure our goals can be met
- Identify undervalued or underperforming assets with strong growth potential and possible synergies
- Manage businesses by setting strategic direction, developing business plans and defining targets
- Raise reporting and ESG standards to world-class levels at First Pacific and its operating companies
First Pacific’s business represents a balance of assets in our core industries and markets in PT Indofood Sukses Makmur Tbk (“Indofood”), PLDT Inc. (“PLDT”) and Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (“MPIC”). Indofood is the largest vertically integrated food company in Indonesia and PLDT is the dominant integrated telecommunications and digital services provider in the Philippines with the largest fixed broadband network and the largest, most modern, and most sophisticated wireless network in the country. MPIC is a leading infrastructure investment management and holding company in the Philippines, with holdings in the country’s largest electricity distributor, toll road operator, water distributor, and hospital group. MPIC also holds assets in the storage of petroleum products.
First Pacific is also invested in Philex Mining Corporation (“Philex”), PXP Energy Corporation (“PXP”), PacificLight Power Pte. Ltd. (“PLP”) and Roxas Holdings, Inc. (“RHI”). Philex is one of the largest metal mining companies in the Philippines, producing gold, copper and silver. PXP is an upstream oil and gas company with a number of service contracts in the Philippines. PLP is the operator of one of Singapore’s most efficient gas-fired power plants and RHI runs a sugar and ethanol business in the Philippines.
Listed in Hong Kong, First Pacific’s shares are also available for trading in the United States through American Depositary Receipts.
As at 24 August 2021, First Pacific’s economic interest in Indofood is 50.1%, in PLDT 25.6%, in MPIC 43.4%, in Philex 31.2%(1), in PXP 35.7%(1)(2), in FPM Power Holdings Limited (“FPM Power”) 67.8%(3) and in FP Natural Resources Limited (“FP Natural Resources”) 80.8%(4).